I woke up with with flu (day three) and snow flurries and howling wind. The cat, ninja, is somewhere warm. Despite that, it was a busy weekend as we transitioned from fall to winter in my house, and prepared for the holidays.
In the last week we polished off the leftover Turkey….
Bought the tree…
I bought French handblown glass ornaments from Darr’s Williamsburg outpost next to Hollander and Lexer. Darr is one the best curated home goods store I’ve ever been in. Vintage, handmade crafts, items. Also hit up LeGrenier but couldn’t find anything for the tree. Might hit Brook Farm General Store later…but all are good for Christmas gifts if you’re in the ‘burg and want to shop local.
And we hit up Fairway to get food for my annual Festivus Holiday Party. I can’t believe this will be the fifth year.
on my menu so far:
- Virginia Ham Sliders with Cranberry Korean Pear Sauce
- Baked Brie with Strawberry Balsamic Jam (from Anarchy in a Jar)
- Chips & Crudite with Brooklyn Salsa (the Burnt, and the Green)
- Red Orchards Mulled Spiced Cider with ROOT (from Art in the Age)
- “Hudson Valley Cold Snap” (Hudson Whisky & SNAP also from Art in the Age)
- Applesauce Cake w/NY State Cortlands
- Selection of Brooklyn Brews
- Candy Canes
Lastly, went up to Kensico to see if I could snag dinner (Lake Trout) but no luck. The coldfront was biting.
I don’t know what was up with my cellphone’s camera (a 8mb Droid X) but on “landscape” these images came out looking “posterized”.